HERBAPEKT® APE is produced by drum-drying liquid pectins. The resulting products contain approximately 25 % dietary fibres in the form of highly esterified pectins. Hence apple pectin extracts also possess the viscosity-increasing and gel-forming properties characteristic of pectins. Even more important however is the nutritional physiological effect of pectins to bind bile salts, which assists the regulation of blood cholesterol levels.
Apple pectin extracts furthermore contain the apples’ own fruit sugars, mainly fructose and glucose as well as fruit acids and typical phenolic compounds of apples. This significantly contributes to the pleasant fruity-acidic aroma. On its own or in combination with other ingredients, apple pectin extracts lend themselves very well to food supplementation.
- High pectin content
- Light brown flakes with characteristic sweet-acidic taste
- High proportion of colouring phenolic compounds
- High proportion of fruit own sugars
- Gel-forming and viscosity-increasing properties typical of pectins
- Beneficial regulating effect on blood cholesterol